Bermudiana Flower

Bermudiana Flower
Bermudiana Flower

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Breakfast

This week I've been doing a cat sit for a new friend, and I go to her house in the mornings and evenings.  She only lives about a 10-minute drive from my house.  So I've been waking earlier to include this task, making coffee & a quick breakfast (oatmeal, toast and jam, etc) then head out to visit with & feed the cat, which I've been enjoyed doing.

Usually, I am in bed sometime between 10pm and midnight, then usually asleep by 1am, and I push things regrettably, and am up at 7am (or even later!) to shower and dress for the day, let the dogs out, feed the animals, put on a pot of coffee, pour a glass of water over ice, and make breakfast, then rush out the door, mostly late.

This week I've been waking a half hour earlier, at 6:30am to include leaving and doing the cat sit, yet still pushing the limits and getting to work at 8am late - 8:15am usually.  However, this morning, I started my day at 6:15am and decided to treat myself for breakfast and coffee, thus doing less at home, so I showered, dressed, let the dogs out, fed the animals, left the house and drove to the gas station convenience store on the way to the cat sit, bought a full breakfast of choice (buffet style) of a spoonful of scrambled egg, a turkey and a pork sausage, half a spoonful of homemade hash browns, half a spoonful of roasted breakfast potato with red onion, green and red bell pepper, two small breaded chicken nuggets, and a small half-sized Chinese egg roll.  I also bought a coffee and a bottle of water.  Then did the house sit and enjoyed my breakfast while the cat ate her breakfast.

Needless to say, even though it was not a lot of food in my food container, it still was more than I could eat, so when I got back home, and with 15 minutes to spare, I split the leftovers between the dogs, hand-feeding them half the pork sausage, most of the little roast potatoes (no garnish) and both chicken nuggets.  They were thrilled to get some of this yummy breakfast, too!

I really love early starts so I will make every effort going forward to wake at 6am each morning and enjoy my whole morning before work starts... to watch the sunrise... to read the newspaper with a mug of coffee, outside if the weather allows... to make and eat a proper breakfast and drink a full glass of water... and to spend a good half hour playing with my dogs in the morning before heading out to work for 8am... and to make work on time.

Whatever you do today, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment