Bermudiana Flower

Bermudiana Flower
Bermudiana Flower

Sunday 8 July 2018

Books, Random Conversation & The Universe

In my life, I find many random things happen, but they are not so random at all.  I find that I want or need something, I say it, I wish it, I live it, and I put it out there in the universe and somehow things just happen to fall into my path at some point in the future relating to that random thing.

This happens often in my life, so I must keep a record for my own sanity to make sure it's real! LOL

Let's begin with the current.  Most recently (not my whole list), I've been looking at (wanting and needing) a massage chair, a couch for my office, big screen TVs (for outdoor and indoor), an outdoor pool/table tennis table and big screen to watch movies at night outdoors, outdoor furniture, a new car, a new colour laser printer, more clients (and help them all to be even more successful), to increase my income, a hot tub, an above-ground pool, to put a porch and verandah around the whole of my house, to put in 2 doors where we have 2 windows for outdoor access, to add on my house, to upgrade my 2 bathrooms, to refloor my house, to own a bigger boat, an internal sound system for the whole house, put in a solar hot water heater unit, an underwater camera, a video camera, to take a course on watch/strap/clock making and repair, a sit-on lawn mower, fruit trees, rose trees, buy some new bras & panties, shoes, and clothes (when I lose weight), to lose weight, to have regular facials and massages, to have some memberships at a couple hotels, to open a new (successful) charity, to own a few small (successful) businesses, to be financially free, to write and become a (successful) published author of many works, to travel, to go to NY for the day, to interview locals and share their stories, and befriend some quality famous people, to make a lot of new and interesting, real good friends, to be able to give more and help others more, to be able to do more for my son and Chris (the two most special people in my life), to spend more quality time with my loved ones and pets, to create and sell my artwork, to read more, to enjoy holidays more and decorate and entertain better, to collect a great library of wonderful books, and I want to be a mobile, older lady when I grow old, and still have my marbles, and enjoy life, and get out and about with little difficulty, and live to be a good old age and not be a burden at the same time... okay, so that's my current list.  Believe me, there's more, but let's start here.

My list if probably very similar to others like me.  My list maybe a great deal more than those who are not as fortunate as I am, and believe me, I am not rich at all - I live month-to-month just like most people in my circle.  I want to change that, too, for the better.

So, recently, I bought a raffle ticket for $100 for a possibility to win one of 2 new cars, out of 3,000 tickets being sold - draw is in August.  I hope I win one of these 2 cars!  I really need it.

My son's watch strap broke at work and he bought it home, needing repair.  WOW - okay, I may not get the course in before it needs repairing, but how random - I will be able to repair it in the future (hopefully) if another one breaks.

I was asked last week if I could do the work and books for a very small business - I'm not sure if I overpriced it (don't believe I did), but we'll see if it becomes a new client next week.

I just purchased 28 books from a charity store, for $28 - all classics to read and keep on my book shelves that I am putting up in my office (one up, 2 more to go)!  I'm so excited.  A few months ago I wanted to join an online book club while reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley but I found it difficult to keep up with work and my own personal life goings on, that I didn't get far with it at all.  Then I decided to download a copy of the book, found one and find it difficult to read on my phone and my Amazon Fire, so I gave that up, as well, with the hopes to get back to it someday.  And on the bookshelves, I found the book!  Of course, I purchased it.  It was only $1.00 and it's called Of Human Bondage.  I can't wait to read the book in bed - it will be my next book to read once I finish the one I'm currently reading (and just started).  While I was in line to pay for my load of books, an older lady started asking me if I had read Somerset Maugham - which I had not heard of him.  She said one of his books was on the book shelf and suggested that I should buy it and read it.  She said she lives in England and has all of his books and loves them, and that she looked him up and found out some interesting things about him and that I should read the book and then do the same - look him up and find out a bit about his life.  I said I would.  She said his books have become movies, and that she hopes (and believes) I will enjoy his books.  What a really random and pleasant conversation.

Of Human Bondage book by W. Somerset Maugham & Frankenstein book by Mary Shelley
It's true - you have to live like you really want, and put it out there what you want, in order to achieve your goals.  Everything I want to do, I consider a goal, no matter how small.  Each day, each moment, I have to live for the things I really want, and work towards them, and think of them, and talk about them, and put them out in the universe so they can come to me.  It's not that easy, I know, but it's the truth, that I do get things I wish for, in time, and I have experienced this wonderment many times, and hope to continue to do so.  Which is why I'm putting it out there.

Today I had a facial and booked another one in 5 week's time.  This makes me happy - I'll give up some things for more satisfying things, like having a facial a few times a year.  I was told my face was looking great and not dry at all, and she couldn't find any problems or pimples to address, and that made me happy to hear - I'll be 50 next year so it makes me feel good. LOL  She said whatever I was doing, to keep doing... hmmm that's more luck than anything but may have something to do with all the water I drink daily.  Who knows?

So, with all this, I'm saying that random, unexpected things come into my life to make my goals, wishes, dreams and wants come true, by me stumbling upon them - kind of being in the right place at the right time, so to speak.  I find these happenings so fascinating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment