Bermudiana Flower

Bermudiana Flower
Bermudiana Flower

Tuesday 21 January 2020

After Dinner Walks

Chris and I have been saying for a while now, over a couple of months, that we will take a walk daily after dinner, if we were home and not out.  Needless to say, it never happened, until last night.

Chris was out at a function he had to attend.  I made homemade hamburgers for dinner and ate fairly early, fed all the animals and did a load of laundry (that's another story).

So, last night, my son was home and it was 9pm.  I kept feeling as if I wanted to start those walks.  I called out to my son and asked him if he wanted to take a walk with me just in the neighbourhood, just for 10 or 15 minutes.  He laughed, I explained, then he said sure. 

We did it!  It was cool outside, about 60 degrees Fahrenheit.   We did a brisk walk and came back home.  It was fun.  I felt so much better to have done it.  I'm going to ask him again if he wants to take a walk with me tonight, or any other night he's home.   I'm sure he'll take me up on it at least half the time I ask.

Today, in the grocery store, I saw an acquaintance and she told me during our conversation that I looked as if I've lost some weight.  She said she can see it in my body and my face.  I thanked her.  I think I may have lost about 5-10 pounds but I don't have a scale so I'm not sure exactly.  My jeans are sliding down my hips and I have to keep pulling them back up a couple inches, so that's a tell tale sign for sure!

Walking is good for your heart, your blood pressure, losing weight, strengthening muscles, and good for your soul in general.  It definitely lifted my spirits and I hope it helps me sleep better.  I have not been sleeping well these past few weeks - my quality of sleep is lacking - so I endeavour to add walking as a form of low impact exercise before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment