Bermudiana Flower

Bermudiana Flower
Bermudiana Flower

Wednesday 1 January 2020

Happy New Year 2020!

Happy new year 2020!

We had a good dinner out with family and friends and danced some of the evening, brought in the new year with laughter and love, and enjoyed a wonderful evening bringing in 2020.

I slept in today a bit, which is something I don't do much - think I need to do it a little more often.

What am I doing today?  I have lots of work that can be done, and chores, and projects! Hahahaa, the list is very long; however, I'm going to try to enjoy some of the afternoon and evening more for myself and to get organized for the rest of the week and new year ahead.

Meanwhile, I've fed the pets and gave them all fresh water and they are all sorted for the day.  I've put a load of clothes on.  I will wash two more loads and my bed linens.  I'm about to wash the dishes in the sink and put on the dishwasher.

I'm going to then head to the grocery store to buy a few things to make a turkey and corn chowder with my leftover turkey (it was a huge one as there were 8 of us for Christmas day dinner in my home).

On my kitchen counter is a list of things I need to buy tomorrow (pet food, groceries for the next couple of days, cleaning supplies and toiletries) and another one for what we need on Saturday (pavers, rod, fence type wire, pet food, art supplies) and a project list to start (make the outdoor turtle home, empty yard things around the house that are collecting water, take out the old pool table (it's falling apart) and continue to paint my hallway (started it and haven't finished it).  So that's my first "let's start to get projects done" list fir this year.

We have bicycles and I have not ridden mine yet, so I will make a point to ride mine on the weekend and also take the dogs for a walk.

I have a huge to-do list to tackle, but I am breaking it down to smaller tasks so I can get it all done in time.

Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself.  No more talk about chores and tasks and projects... I'm going to make my soup as soon as I'm back from the grocery store and I think I'm going to also make a pumpkin bread from scratch, as well as some cupcakes and a cookie brownie - both by Betty Crocker! hahahaaa  I'll put on a delicious half pot of coffee that I rec'd as a Christmas present and enjoy a couple of the baked goods when they're ready.  I'll make a nice Christmas tea to take to bed with me (another Christmas gift I received).  I love consumable gifts of coffee, tea and nibbles!

I'm going to read a magazine when I hop into bed early (aiming to do this about 8pm) after eating my soup at dinner time.

Yes, it's going to be a busy day today, my holiday, but still I will be doing things I will enjoy and I can still retire to bed early enough and get some nice rest before my work day starts tomorrow bright and early (for me) at 6:30am.

Happy new year!
B.

Hope you

No comments:

Post a Comment