Bermudiana Flower

Bermudiana Flower
Bermudiana Flower

Sunday 5 January 2020

Grunge, Wind, Sunday Chores

Yesterday I went to my journal club where the theme was grunge.  My journal package came with a few stamps and stencils, brick paper, a grunge frame set, and a distress collage crazing medium.  I actually wasn't feeling that good (sore neck, sore lower back and really tired, red eyes) so I only stayed about an hour instead of the usual three.  The time I did spend there produced this double-page spread.  I'm happy with it and have a full background ready to add something to it later, another time.

Double-page spread of my grunge journal page
Today the wind is supposed to kick up to 60 knots (about 40 miles per hour).  We lost a couple of Christmas lights when the wind blew over an outdoor tree ornament in our yard.  The broken lights are all cleaned up and it's now tucked safely away.  Our outdoor swing fell over but we'll keep it on the ground until the wind dies down.  Otherwise, no further damage, yet.  We still have our lights on, some of our friends do not have power due to the high winds, so I'm pleased.  I cooked dinner already, early, so if the lights do go out, I'm not trying to cook in the dark with candles. 

Roast pork, roast potatoes with onion and carrots, and corn on the cob is what I made today.  Simple and light but enough for 3 of us.  We've all eaten LOL  I suppose the smell of the food cooking made everyone hungry.  We ate dinner for lunch, and we'll have a sandwich later for dinner.  I also made a pumpkin bread.  It's still baking, wasn't cooked enough when the timer went off, but smells delicious.  I've put it on for another 30 minutes which should do it.

Even though I'm not feeling good, I decided to get some chores done.  With animals, I need to keep on top of them daily.  I put away all the dishes, then washed the rest.  I swept the floors, we put the turtles outside for some playtime, fresh air in the grass, I cleaned the litter boxes, we hung out the towels on our porch as the washer broke today.  I am soon going out to feed a friend's cat (she had to go away on business) and I aim to be in bed about 8pm and get some rest as next week is going to be really busy with work and a few events we are attending.

Chris isn't feeling great either - it's like we have aches and pains, a bit flu-ish but not sick, so Chris has been resting most of the day except working on our washer a bit as it stopped working today and he's trying to work on it in between rests when he feels lightheaded.  My son has gone to watch some football.

I didn't get done as much as I wanted to today, but feeling the way I do, I'm not too worried about it.  Tomorrow is another day. LOL  What doesn't get done today, will get done tomorrow.

Happy Sunday!  Hope you are resting some as well.
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment